Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Changing of the Guard


I went to see the changing of the guards today, but instead of joining the masses in front of Buckingham Palace, I watched the inspection of the replacement regiment in front of Wellington Barracks  (which I highly recommend for anyone planning to see this!)  Standing here meant I could also watch the band warm up:


And, watch them march off towards the palace:





I didn't see the horse guard march, but I did visit the grounds where they stay, which also has a ceremonial guard:


















I also checked out the flora & fauna in St. James' Park:


And headed back to Buckingham Palace once some of the crowd had dispersed:



2 comments:

  1. My goodness, girl. You're really filling your last days with all the sights and sounds you can. Good for you. Another wonderful post.
    AL

    ReplyDelete
  2. it it drill or real marching?

    ReplyDelete