Thursday, November 20, 2014

Chancay Castle

After the hike, we rode back to Chancay (pronounced Chan-kei) to have lunch in the castle there.  It's hard to describe the castle.  I guess you would say it's small theme park, along the lines of Hershey-with no rides, but plenty of places for photo ops, eating and souvenir shopping.  Peruvians seem to love posing for pictures, so here we go:




As you can probably tell, I got a bit of sun while hiking in Lachay!


My Juliet picture-in the tower of love





From what I understand, the idea for this park was based on a real castle and events from the life of a local family...but all the signs were in Spanish, so I might be mistaken.  In any case, we had a nice meal and had fun taking pictures and agreed that we would like to return to explore more of historical Chancay in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment