Monday, December 5, 2011

Tunis Science City


When my friends asked me if I wanted to check out the science museum in Tunis, I eagerly accepted the invitation, but secretly wondered what it would be like.  I was expecting something hokey, but was pleasantly surprised by Tunis Science City.  The setting was lovely and the exhibits were interactive and well-maintained.  The only drawback was that most of the signs were only in French and Arabic. 

Chillin' with Einstein

The travelling exhibit was about dinosaurs, focusing on those found in Africa.

Charcharodontosaurus Saharicus-the dinosaur discovered in Tunisia

The displays even moved!  Here Afrovenator abbakensis (the African hunter) is attacking Jobaria tiguidensis:




The regular exhibits included displays on desert agriculture, the prehistoric eras, the human body, mammals, and Darwin:

DNA-which carries information for life
(just like the Yellow Pages)

The walk-through human heart


What science museum is complete without ET??? 


1 comment:

  1. Lori,
    How nice that you're having a chance to get out and about with friends. I'm surprised at this Science City, as I just sort of assumed Tunis was not very advanced. Guess I've got a lot to learn.
    AL

    ReplyDelete