Monday, September 1, 2014

The Fauna

Over the holiday, I had a chance to visit one of the zoos in Lima.  Despite the massive crowds, it was a fun experience.  The zoo is very nice and the animals are well-housed and well-taken care of.  Part of what made it so interesting was that they had animals from each of the different regions in Peru-the coast (where I live now), the mountains and the jungle.  I didn't take any pictures of the coastal animals, but I took some to prepare for future trips to the mountains and the jungle.

The Mountains:

The Andean Condor: I can't wait to see these in the wild when I visit Colca Canyon.













Vicuñas: A relative to the llama and domesticated alpacas

A llama
















The Jungle:

The Andean Cock of the Rock

Jaguars
 
Geoffroy's Monk Saki

Musmuqui: Peruvian Red-necked Owl Monkeys

No comments:

Post a Comment