Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Delhi

What would this challenge be without a reference to my first trip to India-the country that captured my heart and mind for so many years?

I went for the wedding of my friends, Chaitanya and Divya


Though I tried to tie my own sari here, I had a lot of trouble and had to get help from the hotel staff.
I just have to shake my head when I think of how much I didn't understand about India!


I didn't see a lot of sites in Delhi on that trip-most of the time was taken with the wedding festivities.  However, I did see a few things:

The Lotus Temple

The Raj Ghat-a memorial to Gandhi


My first ride on an elephant!
(which taught me a valuable lesson:
don't ride an elephant when you have a hangover!)


I also tried to capture how tightly the traffic is packed together


....as well as the great variety of vehicles that share the road


...as well as an obligatory picture of a cow in the road.
This one definitely felt it could make itself comfortable wherever it felt like
(it's behind the side bar of the autorickshaw!)

No comments:

Post a Comment