Thursday, April 12, 2012

Kerala


I'm going to retire here.  I decided that on my first trip to India.  There's just something about it.  Maybe it's the tropical climate.  Or the verdant vegetation.  Or the food (mmm...appums with coconut milk...)  Or maybe it really is God's Own Country

In any case, I've fallen in love with Kerala-and each and every place I visit in this state makes me love it a little more.   I first visited Cochin (Kochi):

Santa Cruz Basilica

The Chinese fishing nets

Your choice of fresh seafood

Kathakali, the traditional storytelling dance of Kerala

Then I vacationed at Kovalum Beach near Trivandrum (Thiruvananthapuram):



Coconuts drying in the sun

So many different kinds of bananas





I also visited Aleppy (Alappuzha) for a tour of the back waters:

Our houseboat

Aleppy is sometimes referred to as 'the Venice of the East'
as its' canal system functions like a highway grid




Isn't all so beautiful?  Don't you just want to move there immediately?

2 comments:

  1. Lori,
    It's lovely, but I just don't have the adventure loving spirit you do.
    AL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing shots. And yes, the country is beautiful. I loved the shot of your houseboat. Thanks for sharing.

    http://francene-wordstitcher.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete