Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I, I, I


Like Elizabeth Gilbert in Eat, Pray, Love, I have my own trio of 'I' countries that I want to visit in my lifetime-albeit for different reasons (and probably not in one shot paid for by a book advance!). 

India, of course, is on the list.  Though I have taken three trips there and lived there for two and half years, there are still many places I have yet to visit-Amritsar, Calcutta, Rajasthan-to name just a few (and I might be naming a few more in upcoming posts!)  Hmmm....in fact, I probably could have done my whole A-Z Challenge on India.  But, I have to admit, learning to pray in an ashram is *not* on my list.  Shopping, on the other hand, is-anytime and anywhere in India.

Second on my list is Italy-but not just to eat...though if the pizza there is anything like the pizzas I had across the Mediterranean in Tunisia, I might be persuaded to start a relationship with it...



If I went to Italy, it would be to be a tourist and see the sights.  And to visit Northern Italy where my family comes from.

Last, but not least, on my list is Ireland.  Mainly ever since I saw this movie:



How can you not fall in love with Ireland (or Irish men!) after watching this movie?

I'm not sure what I'd call my book, though: Shop, Tour, Enjoy? Hmm...doesn't have quite the same ring to it...so much for that book advance...

************************************

Blogs to visit: The Multicolored Diary, Three Years Down, Alison Amazed, You Can Get There From HereFor the Love of WritingNonna's Recipe Box, Anything But Work

3 comments:

  1. Just call your book "Om Nom Nom." :D

    Good luck with the challenge!

    Dianna Fielding
    Sociologyfornerds.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never been able to travel much, but your list of I countries sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have lived in India for a few years. I backpacked there for 3 months (once upon a time) but it wasn't enough!
    Rhia from Five Minute Piece for Inspiration (around # 800 on the A through Z list)

    ReplyDelete